Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2022

FIN-TECH-FROM-A-SALES-PERSPECTIVE

FINICKY TECH
(Understanding Fin-Tech from a ‘Sales’ Perspective!)

About Me! – I have been in the world of sales since the past 31 years!  I have sold in every business vertical possible!  I enjoy selling technology the most as it is the toughest business vertical to sell!  I love challenges and there is nothing more difficult than a Tech sale.  But I love it! 

I have a strong Tech Background and will not get into details but I have come to realize a few things about selling Fin-Tech!  I simply call it Finicky Tech!  My justifications are stated below. 

Fin-Tech constantly keeps on evolving and is in some mode of eternal adaptation.  Within a nano-second what you have sold is archaic and you are a dinosaur because, some fifteen-year-old kid sitting in some backward country with no proper infrastructure just made your process better and more money from a ten second Tiktok video 

Most of the times I come across some great ideas that are doomed to fail – if you want to succeed then maybe these pointers below will be able to help you.  

Listen to understand your client, because I find that most client relations simply do not work when you do not have the ability to separate their needs from the wants! 

Ensure your client has a solid business plan and has their own future mapped out on paper.  If you do not know the future desires of your own client – how can you sell them or their product?

If simple basic IT software’s / SAAS or Fin-Tech products or services have to succeed then this journey towards success needs to start well before the tech development and a proper strategic business plan needs to be written down.

A brand needs to be created on paper and re-drafted several times (but it will never be perfect) and room needs to be left for constant evolution.  Never take on a client that does not have a solid business plan.

If they do not have one or are having trouble keeping their sales numbers up, do not be impulsive.  Take your time develop your own plan FIRST once you have gotten all the knowledge about the business verticals and present it in writing to the client – never work without a written down plan.

Before you design a business plan do a simple SWOT analysis on your client – then find at least four or five competitors or me-too brands and run the same SWOT analysis on them HONESTLY for yourself (not the client) – Once you work out the flaws within your own client’s products / service and then objectively compare them with the competitors – the answers reveal themselves and your path ahead towards selling clears up a lot more. 

AT THIS STAGE DO NOT BE TOO EAGER AND PRESENT YOUR RESEARCH FINDINGS TO YOUR CLIENT!My reason for this is that innovators are very egotistical with an inability to understand or even listen to anyone constructively criticizing their work!

Most companies start of on one path but compromise their values by simply selling out the core ethos due to financial concerns.  Most of their present concerns happened due to their own decisions for whatever reason they may be so they need help BUT are too afraid or ashamed to aske for it! 

Forget Fin-Tech!  If you want to sell anything – have solid market research constantly going on – keep evolving NOT adapting – stick to the core principal matter at hand, always be patient and develop an ability to forget impulsiveness or money and stay focused on the client's  Macro picture (vision) at hand. 

If you need any help to sell your Fin-Tech product – I would love to chat and maybe learn a few things from you as well!  Simply reach out to me!  (My contact information is given below!) 

Hoping to hear from you soon & let’s be professional friends – (Do check out my linked in Profile & see my recommendations)

I really hope we can do something wonderful together to appreciate each other’s professional lives! - https://www.linkedin.com/in/amynaghulamali/

If you found any value in my blog – Please share it with your network! 

If you would like advice or a direct FREE consultation please contact me here via e-mail - amyn@ghulamalis.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment