Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

GRAVE THOUGHTS


GRAVE THOUGHTS

Everyone at some point in their life has at some point thought out how they would die.  All human beings except for an exceptional few get a cold shiver running down their spine when they think of “death” and almost everyone forgets about all their religious beliefs.  Most of my pious friends keep proclaiming that they want to end up in heaven or paradise yet none of them are willing to die for it!

To me personally as a Muslim I fear my own Aakhirat (The Day of Reckoning) & not death its self.  If you look at a bitter harsh reality, then from the minute you are conceived in the womb you start a process that will eventually end up in the grave any ways.  People spend their entire lives trying to accumulate material possessions yet always unhappy and in the end their bodies are just buried, cremated or treated the way their religion wants them to be treated.

With us Muslims when we hear about a death we all say “Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un” (Arabic: إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ‎‎) which is a part of a verse from the Holy Qur'an which translates to "We surely belong to Allah and to Him we shall return."  However, if you belong to the Christian, Hindu or whatever faith then you surely must have your own rituals & prayers.

“In order to appreciate life, you need to understand death!”  It’s the same as when someone tells you that you cannot appreciate love until you have had your heart broken!  People are too busy trying to exist and not live.  Living & existing are two different things which people often confuse.  Death does not scare me and honestly neither does the thought of what will happen after I die.  I guess it’s because I have come to terms with life and what it has thrown at me.

I guess I am sick and tired actually exhausted of trying to keep everyone happy…  Maybe it’s the fact that I was an only problem child with no friends, maybe it’s the fact that the world has expectations and I cannot live up to them… No matter what you do sometimes you get that feeling that life just does not cut you any slack.  It’s exhausting being in a situation where you are never good enough.  Seriously no matter what you do will truly never be appreciated because everyone will have their own interest at heart as long as they benefit then the approach of “what is good for the goose is good for the gander” is what is to be socially accepted as a norm.

People are so wrapped up in their own lives and their own interests and their own little bubbles that they forget to be sensitive to others.  Everyone is quick to judge others yet nobody takes a moment to listen with the intent of understanding.  On a completely different note the same people want the world to not only forgive them but forget their own past sins.

The minute you stop adding any form or value to anyone’s life just watch them cower and run from you – the day a person feels that they have a better option elsewhere they stop acknowledging you!  However, the minute you can add any value to their own lives from you then like parasites they shamelessly come knocking at your door ready to bleed you dry yet once again…

The world has lost its values that existed in the 80’s when music was real and people actually had conversations rather than stare at a screen and pass opinions via text messages.  The moral break down of society has led to a dysfunction where everyone is desperately “trying” to outdo one another!  All friendships today are a matter of convenience and loyalty has a heavy price.  If you actually wind up advising a friend today on how to do something or refer a friend to someone for work or you even, try to help then insecurities kick in and surely lead a person to think “where’s the catch to all this?”

It is so terribly sad that in order to be forgiven today for anything one has to die.   Just consider this that in a country like Pakistan the Late Benazir Bhutto who was its prime minister had a lot of things said about her until she died.  After her demise a consolidation prize of forgiveness what bestowed upon her “Shaheed” which means Martyr looking at the globe elsewhere the same can be said for Idi Amin.

As per my statements above I refer to the Holy Quran (Surat al-Ma’ida, 48) “We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had God willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to God and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed.”

Us humans in trying to simplify “life” its self we have complicated it painfully beyond relief. When was the last time that we as humans appreciated any cause truly.  The last time I watched the world come together was when the entire world raised funds for Ethiopia in the form of Live Aid in the early 80’s .  After that all we get to see are horrific pictures by people who use social media to impress people for likes and do not use it in the correct way to impact people positively.

The sheer greatness of a being is when they do something good for and to someone who cannot give anything back in return and they just do it because it’s the right thing to do. (everyone just wants to get a benefit, even out of charity)  I was in a horrible place emotionally, mentally, physically, financially due to the enemies within my friends and nobody wanted to help me.  I was broken beyond belief and the struggle and the strife I went through along with all the tension and drama in my life made me think about just giving up and I lost hope on a lot of fronts but then Allah himself has told us through the Holy Quran 14:7 And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe.' "  One acquaintance whom I had no social interaction with but was a friend on Facebook out of the blue came to my rescue and helped me in ways unimaginable!

“So which of the favors of your lord would you deny?” – The Holy Quran -Surah ar-Rehman’s verse kept on ringing in my head when this person just stood by my side.  My own friends abandoned me, years of laughter joy happy moments were forgotten and I was all alone but then “He” (Allah) sent someone and then I was not alone.   What tears a man apart is “loneliness” not daily stress what values does society have today that it perpetually creates people who are selfish and unimaginably cruel.

No matter what you do stop being scared about death and start living in whatever way you can!  Also, start appreciating those who think you are something and value you in whatever way they can!  It does not matter how much money you have in your wallet if you don’t have a soul!

A lot of you must have thought that this is perhaps a suicide note!  Well think what you want but if you’re on that negative emotional tangent then please note that I refer to “Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear – The Holy Quran, Surah Baqarah – V 286” 

If you would like to contact me for a free consultation, please directly email me at - amyn@ghulamalis.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment