Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

LIKING IT – TOO MUCH!

 
LIKING IT – TOO MUCH!

In a world so filled with remorse, helplessness & hate there is light at the end of the tunnel from Facebook (depending if WAPDA will be nice or not) where you can “like” a friend’s birthday “like” a girls stupidity, “like” a parents anniversary or in fact  “like” anything you fancy.  Between the hashtags, “like’s” and virtual endorsements people have forgotten to remember numbers and important dates.  Mini Heart Attacks hit one when they are simply not near an edge or a wifi signal.  Social media has simply managed to captivate one’s life and enslaved them into becoming that neighborhood desi aunty who always wants to know the scoop on what’s going on next door.


People spend their lives trying to get linked to each other whilst at the office searching for a higher Nirvana than they can financially afford presently with their employer and most of those who are rebels without a clue like me just have to compress everything into 140 characters and tweet it out!


Social media is revolutionizing the way families connect and is adding a lot of insights for employers into the personal lives of those they hire.  Whilst it provides a window into what one does it also allows a complete virtual journal into one’s life as long as they or their friends have been connected and liking stuff. Families need to stop meeting over breakfast and rather than checking what is going on online they need to start actually talking.  One reason I believe that people have shifted their emotions online is because families do not have time to understand their kids.  Parents are so wrapped up in keeping up financially that they simply listen, judge and opinionate before the child has stopped talking!


In our days we had a gap with our parents but it was not that distant as one sees it to be today or feels the distance emotionally.  One needs to break away from farming strawberries every three hours online or crushing candies at the airport lounge and re-connect with life.  One needs to touch base with humanity and rather than simply clicking on the “like” anything button one needs to define what makes sense in this world and actually converse with people.


On another note I would really like to see the likes of Facebook start a ‘disconnect yourself” campaign and encourage the youth to get out there and become more proactive with their daily lives.  It would be interesting to see companies give out prizes for people to go out there and take a series of videos or pictures that are original and in Pakistan it would help tremendously if we could use Social media in the most positive way which would be to endorse citizen journalism.


My advice is to get out there and “like” living with your kids and stop doing it online.  Don’t let it enslave you rather use it as a tool to meet an objective.  Spend your hours liking the person you are and not hiding behind a screen pretending how fantastic your life truly is on Social Media!

Let's be professional friends - (please see my reccomendations) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/amynaghulamali/

If you would like a direct FREE consultation please contact me on - amyn@ghulamalis.com

Disclaimer! - The opinions I post are my own and I do not intend to hurt or offend you!  If you cannot allow me my freedom of thought then you have the right to voice an opinion and navigate away on the web.  If you follow my blog I thank you as it’s quite ridiculously entertaining...that is if you like what & how I write! 


If you need to contact me or wish to befriend me then please... 
Follow me on twitter - @amynaghulamali 
or add me on facebook - Amyn A. Ghulamali 
And if you want to criticize me then please e-mail me at amyn@ghulamalis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment