Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

CHASING BRAND NAMES

 

CHASING BRAND NAMES 

I strongly believe that God created man, Man invented technology, Technology made man forget about God and humanity thus turning man into a soulless robots! 

Right from the minute even before one enters school the parents start brainwashing children about the importance of attaining a perfect GPA and then graduating from an Ivy League school.  Pretty often the parents define a career path for the said child and enforce a strict regime of studies and tuitions to ensure any and all forms of success.  

Some parents even believe especially for their daughters that they must become doctors or have an esteemed profession so that she to the future mother-in-law will look more desirable only to be made into a maid and child bearing factory after the nuptials are done.

It is extremely sad that a child’s own vision and dreams are crushed due to the fact that the parents are trying to live out their own fantasies of unattained success through their own new generation.  The driving force often more as a weapon for the parents is fear, manipulation and emotional black mail. 

Up until the year 2000 the world operated on a different philosophy where a brand name education mattered – After the tech revolution and especially social-media entering our lives everyone started chasing money because secretaries became useless, the company gatekeepers like telephone operators were jobless and due to co-working spaces professional privacy developed issues. 

Does a brand name education matter from a top school?  In my opinion not really!  My reason is that when we enroll our children, we need to ensure patience and listen to them with the ability to understand their preferences.  Further to that we must respect their desires and guide them with positivity rather than shame them because they do not desire to follow our own dream of them attaining a degree in our field of choice! 

I firmly believe that if a student is studying in the field of his or her choice and truly desires to follow a career path then they will do extremely well due to the push and pull factor aligning within their own mind and soul.  

The same goes for a professional life that is apart from an academic life!  People go to work because they have to!  They have studied and attained a flawless 4.0 GPA from an Ivy league medical college only to be stuck in some developing country as a low-grade sales person in a pharmaceutical company… SO they do not perform well out of frustration and lack of interest.  

As for me I love to go to work every day because I love to do what I do – sales!  So to me because I love to do what I do – I do it very well!  (No, I am NOT arrogant and have had so many failures in trying to please everyone that I eventually just gave up trying to satisfy an unhappy world) 

My advice is you cannot predict the future…  and you definitely cannot make everyone happy so why not focus on your own self development and refocus your life and goals – write them down on a simple piece of paper – define the end result – then set smaller goals to attain that end result.  Your confidence will grow as you have these small victories.  

Whatever you do, please do not make the BIG mistake of expecting too much from life or people because there is nothing much that you can control around you – only the way you are and whether you react or sensibly respond to situations. 

Today when I have a professional dialogue almost 95% of the time people do not bother about the exact details of my college life and who my roommate was and how many times, I did my laundry.  As time is the most precious commodity today we immediately get to the point and discuss possibilities and solutions.  We avoid any negative personal dialogue which I also advise you to do. 

Nobody wants to know your personal sad story because everybody has their own battle scars from walking their own path in this journey of life.  Please remember – even if you have not studied from an Ivy league school or college – all hope is not lost because you will win on your positivity and the ability to display your own best attributes that only you know! 

As I close – PLEASE REMEMBER THAT 
  1. Time is money today!  It is more valuable than money!  
  2. Never lie as it will just complicate things further and a problem for YOU as it will one more thing to remember (the lie)! 
  3. Do not be negative or degrade anyone to look good – keep it impersonal and be professional always sell yourself on your positive abilities!
  4. Have faith in your self and maintain your grace dignity and self-respect knowing your established boundaries and self-worth (As I salesman I get told NO a thousand times and rejected daily – BUT it’s the 1001 customer who says yes that makes it all worth it – so be patient and resilient!) 
Don't worry... your time WILL come!

Good luck!  If you found any value in my blog – Please share it with your network! 

Let's be professional friends - (please see my recommendations) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/amynaghulamali/

If you would like advice or a direct FREE consultation please contact me on - amyn@ghulamalis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment