Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

BEING AMYN

BEING AMYN!
(Spiritual thoughts on living up to my name!)
The name “Amyn” means “amanat rakhnay wala” (a person who will never fail you on the trust you bestow upon him).  This name has been the heaviest thing in my life because to live up to it I have literally done unspeakable things and paid the price in unimaginable ways living up to it or if I ever failed to live up to it!

Today is Shab e Mairaj! Today is also the most special day for me & I will explain to you why after you read what I have quoted from the Holy Quran!

“Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al-Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.”  —Quran, Chapter 17 (Al-Isra) verse 1[2]
“And [remember, O Muhammad], when We told you, "Indeed, your Lord has encompassed the people." And We did not make the sight which We showed you except as a trial for the people, as was the accursed tree [mentioned] in the Qur'an. And We threaten them, but it increases them not except in great transgression.”  —Quran, Chapter 17 (Al-Isra) verse 60[5]
“And he certainly saw him in another descent,
At the Lote-tree of the Utmost Boundary –
Near it is the Garden of Refuge –
When there covered the Lote Tree that which covered [it]
The sight [of the Prophet] did not swerve, nor did it transgress [its limit].
He certainly saw of the greatest signs of his Lord.” 
—Quran, Chapter 53 (An-Najm), verses 13–18[4]
The Isra and Mi'raj (Arabic:  al-’Isrā’ wal-Mi‘rāj), are the two parts of a Night Journey or Shob-e-Miraz that, according to Islamic tradition, the prophet of IslamMuhammad (P.B.U.H) took during a single night around the year 621. It has been described as both a physical and spiritual journey.[1] A brief sketch of the story is in sura 17 Al-Isra of the Quran,[2] and other details come from the Hadith, supplemental writings about the life of Muhammad (P.B.U.H). In the journey, Muhammad  (P.B.U.H) travels on the steed Buraq to "the farthest mosque" where he leads other prophets in prayer. He then ascends to heaven where he speaks to God, who gives Muhammad (P.B.U.H) instructions to take back to the faithful regarding the details of prayer.

Allah has tested us in many ways!  My test is that (it is never ending for me) I have a name that was blessed upon me without my knowing to which I have to live up to!  These past forty years of my life from the minute I entered this world and started waiting to die I have failed living up to my name many times!  However my test has also been the following over the past 30 days!  It started when my father in law was hospitalized, a few days later my son shattered his elbow! On the same day my mother in law wound up with a fractured ankle, two clients left town for their summer holidays to the United States and forgot to pay me for something worth 22 lacs collectively!  5 times my riders got robbed and beaten to a pulp, after a routine police checking I lost a huge sum of cash and stock, my containers were opened and 21 macbook pros (top of the line) went missing, some people close to me accused me of fraud and somehow I managed to get their banking problems resolved for them.

What I went through was a test of faith where I was financially, emotionally and psychologically ruined and desperate! If I wanted I could have mis used my trust factor and gotten away with so much but I knew I would fall in my own eyes and the eyes of a few people I loved so dearly for trusting me so I kept thanking the almighty that at least he had left me with life and the ability to try harder another day!  

Ironically today I had a spiritual realization that signifies everything!  Like our Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) reached a higher plateau I myself got proof that Allah does exist!  I am still the same man that I have been for forty years only today I hold in my possession wealth in the form of 3 (three) elements that you cannot even begin to evaluate the value of!  I will try to describe it to you… let’s see if you get what I mean!  RESPECT / TRUST / UNCONDITIONAL LOVE -  All three things hit me in so many ways over the past 24 hours that it has humbled me today to a point where I am telling God that I am not worthy as I only have so much more to live up to being AMYN!

My Buraq has been my faith in something I could not feel and I never turned away from the path I had chosen because I stuck to my principles and as arrogance is habitual with me I arrogantly kept believing in Allah & his Messenger (P.B.U.H).  For those of you have followed me on social media let me throw a twist at you as I end my ramblings…

It all began with Adam & Eve where an Apple was the temptation as ironically it is with me they got banished from Heaven whilst my Apple already having had a bite taken out of it has opened the Pearly gates for me!  If you ever lose your faith in Allah…  Don’t!  It is only a test! When it ends you will know!  Don’t lose yourself as that might be a test too.  Be more humbled and live up to whatever your name is as it defines you!  When the Aga Khan gave my name to my parents it was the best and the worst thing he could have done to me!

If you need to contact me or wish to befriend me then please... 
To work with me connect with me on Linked In - http://pk.linkedin.com/in/amynaghulamali/
or add me on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AmynAGhulamali



Disclaimer! - The opinions I post are my own and I do not intend to hurt or offend you!  If you cannot allow me my freedom of thought then you have the right to voice an opinion and navigate away on the web.  If you follow my blog I thank you as it’s quite ridiculously entertaining...that is if you like what & how I write!

No comments:

Post a Comment